Please join us for a data best practices training workshop put on by the US NSF Arctic Data Center (https://arcticdata.io/). This workshop will provide researchers with concrete steps and methods for more easily documenting and uploading their data to the Arctic Data Center.
Workshop topics will include:
- Introduction to the US Arctic Data Center (https://arcticdata.io)
- NSF standards and policies for data preservation
- Crafting your data management plan
- Preparing and archiving your data using open source formats
- Creating standards-based metadata
- Uploading and versioning your data in the Arctic Data Center
This workshop will be held March 28, 2017 from 01:00 – 03:45 pm at the Ventura Beach Marriott Hotel in Ventura, CA. There is no cost for attendees of this training workshop.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Arctic Data Center (email@example.com).
1300 Overview of Arctic Data Center and NSF data standards and policies
1315 Review of data management plans
1330 Demonstration of how to submit your data to the Arctic Data Center
1430 Hands-on example data submission
1530 Final questions and closing remarks
Upcoming Training Events:
May 23 1800 GMT Webinar on data tools as part of APECS Webinar Series
July 31 – Aug 1 two days Data management tools workshop at NCEAS